Thursday, October 7, 2010

Spelt Cinnamon Vanilla French Toast Buns

I decided to try a new but simple recipe for breakfast this morning, Cinnamon/Vanilla French Toast.
I pulled out my berlin natural bakery spelt burger buns because I'm not a big veggie burger eater and want to use these up since barbecue season is over.

I then concoct the following mixture:
2 large eggs (Egg substitute is fine like flaxseed gel for those allergic to eggs)
1/2 cup of vanilla almond milk
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract (no alcohol content)
pinch of salt
Spelt Burger Buns
Maple Syrup and/or Cinnamon Sugar as a topping (I used Agave Maple Syrup and a sprinkle of Cinnamon Sugar)
Throw in some fresh fruit too for an added healthy treat!
This french toast was to die for....really........ granted I'm the only taste tester, but try them for yourself and let me know what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment