Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rice Nog- a healthier Allergy-Free Alternative to Egg Nog

Who doesn't like Egg Nog during the Holidays? If you don't at least appreciate this tasty drink then you're nuts! That's right I said it. :-)

Anyway back to the reason I'm actually writing this. During one of my many ventures into Whole Foods in Tribeca I ran across a product called 'Rice Dream-Rice Nog"...now I've tried Soy Nog-but since I don't eat/drink soy anymore I don't purchase it. I figured maybe I'd make my own Almond Nog but haven't had a chance really to do that.
I looked at the ingredients of this "Rice Nog" and was surprised to see it was only 80 calories a glass and had some quality ingredients in it like;
Partially milled rice, filtered water, evaporated cane juice, expeller pressed high oleic safflower oil and/or sunflower oil and/or canola oil, microcrytalline cellulose and sodium alginate, natural vegan flavors, gellan gum, sea sat, spices, carrageenan, annatto (for color).

not only that it's also Organic & Gluten free.

I've never been a fan of Rice milk/drink, it's always reminded me of when you soak rice and get that cloudy water that you pour down the drain.

This Rice Nog from Rice Dream is delicious and so mmmm mmmm good.

Take it from me, you don't have to like Rice Milk in order to appreciate the subtle holiday flavors of Rice Nog.



Enjoy!
You can find Rice Nog in your local supermarket like Whole Foods or on-line at Veganessentials.com or Amazon.com
Rice Dream Rice Nog, 32 oz. Aseptic Package

No comments:

Post a Comment