Thursday, August 26, 2010

A Carefree Life


Once upon a time there was a care free maiden named Canella who would delight in the prospect of going out to eat. Sure she was a vegetarian but she lived in NYC and there is an abundance of vegetarian delicacies to satiate her palette. One day she met her fair Prince Adam and together they would conquer all of the restaurants in NYC, Vegas, San Francisco, you name it!

Then on a dark and stormy night  Canella realized that food had become her enemy. Her stomach bloated out like she was an evil ogre and her body writhed with gaseous fumes. Her fair Prince Adam begged her to see the town Wizard for a potion that would make all the unsightly stomach problems go away. Canella obliged her prince and what came next was a wicked turn of events that spiraled out of control into a Foodie Nightmare!!!!!!!


OK now back to regular old NYer speak..........Or at least "Canella Speak".


I found out that I had allergies/food intolerance's to 14 different food items.
Let me break them down for you:
Milk, Wheat, Barley, Beef, Chicken, Chocolate, Corn, Orange, Peanut, White Potato, Soybean, Oat....boy are my hands getting tired................Rye, Shrimp, Codfish, Pork and Strawberry. So basically EVERYTHING I've been eating for YEARS and YEARS except for of course the Beef,Fish,Chicken, Pork (having been a vegetarian since my teens years).
How could this be? Well the body changes and since most of these are "just" food intolerance's my body just dealt with them for years and years until I turned 29 and it could no longer take the abuse.


This blog is dedicated to all you people who get the sorrowful nod from your friends that say "Well what DO you EAT?". To which I reply "PLENTY!".
Since I am someone who loves to cook, I had to find inventive ways to get my protein (since I use to eat soy with everything) and other nutrients into my body.


This has opened up a whole new world of culinary delight for me and has fired up my synapses.


To all of you out there with 5o billion allergies/intolerance's you can safely come here for inventive recipes and friendly chit chat.


Welcome to "OMG I'm Allergic to EVERYTHING".

No comments:

Post a Comment