Thursday, August 26, 2010

Dr. Cow Tree Nut Cheese

Today I've been home working on that Language Video and the Casting session I have this weekend.
I was impatiently awaiting the arrival of the...::::Drums roll please:::: "Dr. Cow Cashew Nut Cheese". http://www.Dr-cow.com/about-us/
Now before I found out about my Milk Allergy (which includes the delicious and equally nutritious cheese) I was a cheese Fiend (capital F). There was no way in hell I would ever give up cheese, no no no no no!..... Boy was I wrong! :-) I feel great since I've given the stuff up! No more Buddha belly. Really, giving up all those foods that were bad for me created my now svelte figure.
OK end of Rant...back to the artisan raw "fake" yet real cheese.
I starred at the clock probably every 10 minutes with glee waiting for the UPS guy to ring my bell.
*DING DONG*! He's here!
I run to the door, there is my beautiful box with what I know is delicious cheese that cost me $6.99!!!!
I run back into my house, immediately call my husband Adam up to share the news...we open the box together on the phone. There is a white Styrofoam box within the larger cardboard box, with tape all around it. Oooooo It's like Christmas! I peel off the tape and open the Styrofoam lid. There is some packing paper in the way of me and my darn Cashew Tree Nut fake Cheese!!!!!!!...I rip open the paper...and then...there are cooling packs on top of my cheese. EGADS! Where is this THING!..I proceed to peel back the ice packs...for the.......what....wait? Is that IT?!..I pick up a handsomely wrapped piece of cashew nut cheese....it's smaller than the palm of my hand (I have small hands).... What the ****, I blurt out on the phone with Adam. This thing is tiny! I can eat this in one sitting. I peel back the wrapper to reveal a brown caramel looking structure in the form of cheese.
I take my knife and cut the smallest piece to taste, not wanting to eat all my rations. Hmmmmm this tastes quite delicious actually but damn can you make a larger product? You know this is America where we eat in excess! OK maybe I don't but I want more cheese for that price. I'm not saying I'll never buy it again, well of course I'll buy it and Dr. Cow knows this because it's delicious, truly. But really I wanted to use it in some of my recipes but it's too small! I'll figure something out. Perhaps make my own fake cheese?
I hang up the phone with Adam, call my dad (who is vegetarian, but eats cheese) and give him the lo-down on Dr. Cow.

Well Mister, Doctor, whatever you want to be called.....you get a thumbs up in taste but a raspberry in size! Thank Goodness for Daiya Cheese, I can still make my pizza's on spelt crust and my fake grilled cheese spelt sandwiches.


With all this being said however the cheese is seriously good. For those of you who are not allergic to tree nuts (i'm only allergic to delicious peanut butter, bye bye peanut butter sandwiches) I would give it a shot, just be aware of the size of this specialty product.
Here is their website:
http://www.dr-cow.com/about-us/
I'm sure I'll come up with an appropriate recipe soon. In fact I may make my allergy free Vegan Shepards pie and crumble the Dr. Cow Cashew Cheese on top.

Num Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment